Sunday, April 27, 2008

Baking a Fimo Pan Figure

I sculpted a little Pan girl figure today and it is in the oven baking. Fingers crossed that when I look at it tomorrow, I will still love it. It is a far cry from the ugly stepsister I made in class, but I used all the techniques I learned and it really made a huge difference in the time it took to do. It still was about 6 hours for the head and torso, but I had to condition the clay as well as sculpt. Two big differences from taking Wendy Froud's class: 1. I was able to spend a lot more time to get it right and 2. we used Fimo soft in class and I used Puppen and translucent Fimo classic chopped together with Fimo conditioner. The classic is much better than soft. Fimo classic has a wax consistentency and does not melt in your hands so that when you are working on one side of the head, you are smashing the other side. I do have hot hands when I work, especially today. I cannot believe how hot it is, I finally turned on the air conditioner. It was over 84 in the house. Ouch. Water rationing here we come.

No comments: