Saturday, April 19, 2008

Recovered from last weekend

It took me several good nights sleep before I felt recovered from last weekend's class. So today I will start a new doll. I am going to attempt a Pan figure but it takes me forever to finish anything, so who knows when it will be posted. I do know that using Fimo instead of Darwi clay will speed up the process. Darwi takes a good week to dry, so you can't sculpt and then keep working because of all the waiting in between. I believe that Darwi is stronger though because as soon as my last doll was finished, I dropped it on its face on the hard desk and nothing happened. I almost cried before I picked it up and saw that it had survived my clumsy self.

1 comment:

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Bartholomew looks great! I really like his face. :-)