Monday, April 14, 2008

Back from Wendy's class

Valerie and I came back from Wendy's class on Monday afternoon, exhausted but happy. I learned so much in the class and it was fabulous. Wendy Froud's son Toby was also at the workshop and he is an incredible artist. Both Wendy and Toby created Pan figures and I really don't have the words to describe how fantastic they were. While I struggled to make a doll that had two eyes, a nose and a mouth in somewhat the correct area, they sat and worked on these dolls as demonstrations for the rest of us. I kept trying to coax Wendy's figure into my purse but he completely ignored me. Posted below is the figure Wendy started and pretty much completed during the 3 day seminar. Wendy said she had more details to button down, but to my eyes it was perfect.

No comments: