Sunday, May 25, 2008

Toby Froud's Rod Puppet Class

I managed to make it to Toby's class this memorial weekend. I could not believe that it snowed on Donner Pass and I almost didn't make it over the mountain. I did not bring chains and so I followed closely behind a truck. The truck cut through the slush, but it was hard to see with the wind blowing the snow and slush onto my wind shield. My heart was pounding and I was gripping the steering wheel with white knuckles for 20 miles while we went through the mountains. Another person was coming from the Bay Area about a half an hour behind me and had to turn back because, by then, Highway Patrol was requiring chains. I am sure she is so disappointed to have missed it.

Even so, it was so worth it. I learned so much more because we really concentrated on sculpting. I posted a picture of one of Toby's dolls that I fell in love with. Tomorrow I will complete my puppet and hopefully post it then. I am exhausted and going to bed.

No comments: