Sunday, March 9, 2008

Anticipating a Wendy Froud Class

I am getting very excited because I am going to the Wendy Froud workshop in Portola, CA. Her husband will also be joining the class. I received her "Creating A Faery Figure' DVD this week and I have been watching it a lot. It is 240 minutes long and Wendy demonstrates all aspects of scupting a doll using Fimo clay. I am just blown away by how fantastic it is. The class is in April, so I will add more to my blog while I get ready for the class and show pictures of the class on this blog. I have been sculpting all day today (using paperclay) and watching her DVD. Not all the techniques will translate to paperclay, but many of the techniques do and I have been looking at my dolls with a new eye.

I am currently working on a figure that I have struggled with for about 3 weeks. The head was just not working for me. But I am so pleased with how it came out that I have begun the figure. It will be a while before I can show the finished doll, but as I progress with it, I will add pictures.

I cannot believe that it is 6:15 already. It will take me a while to get used to daylight savings time. The weather is so beautiful today: around 73 and the trees are just beginning to push out their leaves. You can tell how much I enjoyed the DVD because although the weather called to me from the window, I choose to stay in my studio and play with dolls.

No comments: